Friday, November 18, 2011

Free lead test for you pet!

I love to eat sticks! I like to chase them, chew them, bury them, throw them.... I love sticks. Dogs have a bad rap! We love to chew on things that our human partners find distasteful. Most of these things are not necessarily dangerous, unless we end up swallowing them and they get stuck. My dad takes things out of dogs stomachs all the time that shouldn't have been consumed!
So what about the things we swallow that don't get lodged, the little things that you never even see us eat. One such concern is lead paint. S.A.V.E.S. is conducting a study with health care agencies to determine if pets living in homes built before 1978 are as prone to lead poisoning as children are. Is your pet exhibiting symptoms of lead poisoning such as seizures, anemia, or other long term health issues.
S.A.V.E.S. will be offering free testing to determine the incidence of high lead levels in pets. Do you have a pet that lives in a house that may have lead poisoning potential? We are really excited to be able to offer this invaluable opportunity to our community. Call S.A.V.E.S. at 603-306-0007 to find out more, or to schedule the test.

No comments: